Are you looking for relaxation, new energy and some time for reflection? Taking a break from daily life? Then a yoga retreat in Gozo is a wonderful way to recharge, explore and make new plans!
Gozo, also known as “The Island of Joy”, offers peace, tranquility, 300 days of sun every year and breathtaking nature. The ideal place for outdoor yoga, meditation by the sea and other recharging activities that make you feel your best. You will stay in your own private apartment or in a beautiful hotel by the seaside, enjoying healthy food, daily yoga sessions, meditation sessions, hiking or other activities in a tailor-made program fitting to your wishes. Come explore, relax & recharge with us for a week or create your custom retreat.
Enjoy yoga at sunrise while looking at the waves of Qbajjar Bay, hike with us over cliffs and through beautiful valleys and make the time to dream & to make new plans! “Relax, Energize & Enjoy”!
What is in the program?
We offer 7-day retreats and custom retreats. Our sample program for a 7-day retreat looks like this, but you can add other elements into your schedule or skip certain activities.
Sample program Yellow Rock Yoga:
- Saturday: arrival and introduction
- Sunday: fruit breakfast, yoga class, lunch, hiking, meditation session
- Monday: fruit breakfast, meditation, hiking, lunch, free time, yoga class
- Tuesday: fruit breakfast, yoga class, lunch, outdoor activity such SUP, kayaking or mountain biking and vegetarian sunset-bbq on the beach
- Wednesday: fruit breakfast, day off.
- Thursday: fruit breakfast, yoga session, hiking, lunch, free afternoon, yoga class
- Friday: fruit breakfast, yoga class, meditation, lunch, massage or free time, wrap-up
- Saturday: check-out
Please note: each program can be adapted to your wishes. Supping, kayaking, mountain biking and massages are not included in the price. All yoga, meditation and hiking activities are included.
Our retreats have a maximum of 4 participants. Part of your retreat will be group classes where you will meet a maximum of 5 participants.
Our retreats are in Qbajjar Bay, Masalforn, a beautiful place by the sea in Gozo. You always have a private apartment with balcony, two bedrooms and a kitchen. You can choose between Horizon Apartments with seaview or Diamond Apartments, 1 minute away from the sea with seaview or country views. Alternatively, you can stay at the beautiful 4-star Hotel Calypso in Masalforn.
Horizon Apartments by the sea
A brilliant place for a retreat because you cannot get closer to the sea than this. You will enjoy the sunrise over the waves as you wake up and you will go to sleep with the sound of the waves. Every apartment has sea view here. Your apartment is has two bedrooms, a living/kitchen and a bathroom. You have a balcony overlooking the bay. You can cook your own healthy meals here, but there is also a cosy restaurant downstairs where you can eat a lovely meal or enjoy a drink, again, directly at the seaside.
Very close to Qbajjar Bay is the Diamond complex. The apartments have either sea view or a spectacular country view, overlooking the valley. It is a very tranquil place.Your apartment is has two bedrooms, a living/kitchen and a bathroom. You have a balcony overlooking the bay. You can cook your own healthy meals here, but there are also a two restaurants next door, close to the sea. The sea is 1 minute from your apartment!
Calypso Hotel Marsalforn
In the beautiful bay of Marsalforn you’ll find the popular 4-star Calypso Hotel. It has an amazing views of Marsalforn Bay, spacious rooms, a beautiful Rooftop Terrace with swimming pool and a great restaurant. If you choose to stay at Calypso Hotel, full breakfast is included and you will have a room with sea view. We will pick you up for all yoga activities.
Any week you like, from Saturday to Saturday, all year round, as from January 2021, except for July and August. In July and August it is super hot in Gozo, but if you are an early riser and you don’t mind to do yoga at 6 am, feel free to reach out to see what is possible.
Please note we have paused our retreats until June 2021 because of COVID-19-restrictions. Check the latest information about COVID-measures for your country on http://www.visitmalta.com
Prices per week
|Price for 1 person 7 nights||Price p.p. 2 persons shared room or apartment 7 nights|
|Horizon Complex||1195 EUR||995 EUR|
|Diamond Apartments||995 EUR||795 EUR|
|Calypso Hotel||1295 EUR||995 EUR|
What is included?
- Accommodation: you will stay at a private apartment by the sea or close by the sea or in a double room in the four-star Calypso Hotel
- Transfer from Luqa airport to the apartment or to Hotel Calypso
- Daily yoga classes, hiking sessions, meditation sessions
- Smoothie of fruit salad in the morning in Horizon & Diamond, at Calypso Hotel full breakfast is included
- Simple vegetarian lunches on location
- One sunset BBQ (vegetarian)
- Other activities than yoga, meditation and hiking
- Drinks or other costs
- Detox diner package. You will get a light vegetable based soup, juice or salad in the evening at 95 EUR a week.
- Vegan or vegetarian dinner prepared by our veggie chef at extra costs (depending on your choice of meals)
- Massage treatment: 45 EUR per hour.
- Reiki treatment: 45 EUR per session.
- Freediving: 65 EUR per session.
- Personal nutritarian lifestyle advice: 45 EUR.
- Life coaching: 45 EUR per session.
- Beauty treatment: depending on package of treatment.
How can I make reservations?
This is very simple. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, email address, phone number and the dates and accommodation of your choice. We will contact you immediately to confirm an we will send you the confirmation by email as well.
How to pay?
After you have received your confirmation by email, you will receive an email with a payment link for an advance payment of 20%. After we have received your initial payment, your reservation is guaranteed. For the remainder you will receive another payment link. The remainder needs to be transferred at least two months in advance of the start of your retreat. Please note that the advance payment cannot be returned in case of cancellation, except if cancellation is related to COVID-19 measures in your country or in Malta.
In a yoga retreat we move a lot. Each type of physical exercise has risks, even with gentle forms of exercise like yoga and hiking. Should an injury or something like that arise during or after activities, Yellow Rock Yoga cannot be held liable. Do you have health issues and are you in doubt if you can take part in the yoga activities? Please consult your family doctor before making reservations.